ELANTAS PDG Inc., lab renovation/addition, St. Louis
Budget: $10 million.
Size: 36,000 ft2.
Completion date: 3Q2013.
Project team: Burns & McDonnell, St. Louis (architect/engineer); McCarthy Building Cos. Inc., St. Louis (construction manager).
Description: Renovation and addition project for ELANTAS PDG Inc. includes the complete gutting and remodeling of a two-story, 32,000-ft2 building, constructed in the 1930s, into administrative, engineering, and research space. A 4,000-ft2 addition will house mechanical systems. ELANTAS PDG (formerly The P.D. George Co.), founded in 1919 and based in St. Louis, is a premier global supplier of specialty resins for applications in the electrical and electronic industries and is a pioneer in the development of primary and secondary insulation as well as electronic and engineering material technologies. The ELANTAS complex is located on Second Street in downtown St. Louis, where it has been since 1934.
Contact: Jim Contratto, McCarthy, email@example.com.